After the release of the new iPad 8 and iPad Air 4, also coming with the newest iPadOS 14. Every iPad user were very annoyed with some bugs due to updating to iPadOS 15.
The new iPadOS 15 is packed with the newest and latest features like "Widgets", "App Library", "Recently Added Folders", "Picture in Picture". It seems great but as usual it is riddled with glitches which is also making the overall experience painful.
Here we summerize the common the iPadOS 15/14 problems that have been reported and tips to fix these problems. These problems are updated according to Apple's update plan.
- 1. Touch Controls Stop Working on iPadOS
- 2. iPad Keeps Rebooting after iPadOS 15/14 Update
- 3. iTunes Won't Show Playlist in iPad Pro after Updating to iPadOS 15
- 4: iPad iCon Size Got Smaller after iPadOS 15 Update
- 5: Memoji Stickers Not Available on Older iPads
- 6: iPadOS 15 Music App Frozen
- 7: Notes Titles Reset After Update to iPadOS
- 8: iPad Won't Connect to Wi-Fi after iPadOS 15 Update
- 9: iPadOS 15 Update Bricked iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad Mini
- 10. Favorites in the Files App Randomly Disappearing on iPad
- 11: iPadOS 15 Slow – How Can I Speed Up My Old iPad
- 12: iPadOS 15 Uable to Verify Update
- 13: iPadOS 15 Weather Widget Showing Wrong location
- 14: Searching for apps on iPad not working on iPadOS 15
Ultimate Solution to fix Any iPadOS 15 Problems without Data Loss
It does not matter what kind of iPadOS problems you are facing, there is an ultimate solution available for it.
Yeas, such programs are available. The ultimate solution is actually, a very potent iOS system repair tool called Tenorshare ReiBoot. It is very effective against all type of iPadOS 15 bugs. If you've tried the common solutions without success, do not hesitate to give this software a try. Setup and the operation of the program is also very simple, let's a have look at the steps below;
First, you need to download and install ReiBoot on your computer or Mac and connect your iPad to it.
Launch the program and select "Repair Operating System" after the iPad is detected.
In the following interface, click "Start Repair" in order to proceed.
Now, you will see the firmware download screen. You need to click "Browse" in order to set a path for the firmware selected by you. After that click "Download" to proceed.
After the firmware package is downloaded on your computer, click "Start repair" in order to fix iOS issues on your iPad.
The repair procedure will take a significantly long period of time get completed. The progress will be visible on the program interface.
Related Read: How to Downgrade iPadOS to iOS 14
1: Touch Controls Stop Working on iPadOS
Numerous users have complained on iOS dedicated forums that the touch controls stop working on iPadOS immediately after they updated to iPadOS 15. This is a very concerning issue for the users, as the moment the touch control stops working, they won't be able to do anything with their iPads. But don't worry there are solutions available;
1. Hard reset iPad.
2. Delete problematic Apps. Long press the faulty app's icon. Doing this will result in all icons shuddering. An "X" icon on the top left side will be seen on the faulty app as well as all apps icons. Click on the "X" icon of the faulty app. This will delete and remove the faulty app from your iPad.
3. Factory Restore iPad with iTunes in DFU Mode. To do this, you'll need to put iPad in recovery mode or DFU mode first, then iTunes will detect an iPad and offer Restore or Update option. Click Restore to restore it to factory settings.
- How to Hard Reset iPad
- How to Put iPad in DFU Mode
2: iPad Keeps Rebooting after iPadOS 15 Update
Another very common issue with iPadOS is that iPad Keeps restarting After iPadOS 14/13 Update. The users have complained about this constant rebooting of the device after update on dedicated forums. This is a quite irritating issue but there are fixes available;
1. Force restart iPad.
2. Delete the faulty apps.
3. Restore iPad in iTunes, but this will wipe out all data and settings in your iPad. If you don't want any data lose, try to use ReiBoot to repair iPad system without data loss.
- How to Fix iPad Keeps Restarting
3: iTunes Won't Show Playlist in iPad Pro after Updating to iPadOS 15
There are users in Apple discussions said after updating iPad to iPadOS 15, iTunes won't show the playlist in iPad Pro. This problem can also be found in iPhone with iOS 13. We are not sure whether this is a bug or a new feature as Apple will retire iTunes in macOS 10.15 which expects on October.
1. Restart iPad to see whether iTunes detects your iPad playlist.
2. Wait for macOS 10.15 update.
- How to Transfer iTunes Playlist to Computer
- How to Backup Restore Sync iPad on macOS Catalina
4: iPad iCon Size Got Smaller after iPadOS 15 Update
Mnay people found that the icon size under iPadOS 15 got smaller. Is there any way to change this other than using Zoom feature? Yes! This is actually not a bug, just a new feature in iPadOS 14/13.
To adjust the icon size, please go to Settings app on iPad, find Display & Brightness, you'll find a new option HOME SCREEN LAYOUT. It offers More and Bigger choices.
5: Memoji Stickers Not Available on Older iPads
Now, Apple introduced Memoji stickers in iPadOS 15/14/13. However, you have to know that Memoji stickers for iPadOS needs an iPad with an A9 processor or above. Qualified iPads can use Memoji stickers in iMessage, Mail and other apps that supports stickers. That is to say, the iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 4 have A8 and A8X CPUs and does NOT qualify for the Memoji stickers feature. So if you are having iPad Mini 4 for example, though you've upgraded to iPadOS 14/13, you will find no Memoji stickers pack on iPad Mini.
6: iPadOS 15 Music App Frozen
There is one reported bug that the Music app frozen on iPad Air while loading playlist covers. If you are having the similar problem like Music app keeps crashing iPad/iPad, here are some tips to resolve.
1. Hard reset your iPad.
Force restart iPad with Face ID such as iPad 2018 Pro:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Top button until your iPad restarts.
Force restart an iPad with Home button such as iPad Air, you need to press and hold both the Home and Side (or Top) buttons for at least 10 seconds, untile you see the Apple logo.
2. Uninstall and reinstall the Music app.
3. Check the storage of your iPad.
4. Reset all settings. Open Settings app > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
If the above simple tips do not help, you can fix Music app crashing/won't open problem using ReiBoot. It will repair operating system on iPad to resolve any iPad stuck without data loss.
- Fix Apple Music App Crashing
- Apple Music Not Working after Update
- Fix Apple Music App Not Working on iPhone/iPad
7: Notes Titles Reset After Update to iPadOS
If you also have the problem that all Notes title have been reset to "Nieuwe notitie" which is Dutch for new note, there are some tips for you to resolve.
1. Force restart your iPad Pro if this problem occurs only after iOS 15 upgrade.
2. Turn off Notes in iCloud and turn on again. This may help to sync iCloud Notes to iPad and thus find back the Note title. You can go to Settings > Your Account > iCloud. Turn off Notes from the list and wait for a while to turn on it later.
1. Repair iPad system using ReiBoot.
2. You can also try to use iPad data recovery software to recover Notes to see whether the title are there.
8: iPad Won't Connect to Wi-Fi after iPadOS 15 Update
Several iPad Air 2 Users have reported that their iPad 2 won't connect to Wifi after iPadOS 15 update. A guy said his iPad 2 can connect to a hotspot with no password, but if a network requries password, then it won't connect to internet.
Quick Fixes to Wi-Fi connectivity issues
1. Restart and force restart your iPad if it cannot connect to a WiFi.
2. Check your Wi-Fi router. Trying turning off your Wi-Fi router and then unplug it from the power source. Replug it back after a while.
3. Reset networt settings by going to Settings > General > Reset, tap Reset Network Settings.
4. Disable VPN if you are using a VPN.
1. Repair operating system with ReiBoot.
2. Downgrade from iPadOS 15.
- How to Downgrade iPadOS
9: iPadOS 15 Update Bricked iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad Mini
Have you ever beening troubled by the problem that iPadOS 15 bricked your iPad and can't connect to iTunes? If so, try these tips to resovle iPad Air 2 bricked during iPadOS 15 update.
Quick Fixes to Fix Bricked iPad after update iPadOS 15/14/13:
1. Force restart your iPad. Force restart an iPad with Home button such as iPad Air, you need to press and hold both the Home and Side (or Top) buttons for at least 10 seconds, untile you see the Apple logo. To force restart an iPad with Face ID, you need to quickly press and release the Volume Up button, do the same with Volume Down button and then press and hold the Top button until your iPad restarts.
2.DFU restore iPad in iTunes. To do this, you'll need to put your iPad in DFU mode first, and then iTunes will recognize your iPad and requires you to restore or update it. Press the Restore button to install iOS 13 via iTunes.
Fix Fix to iPad Bricked after iPadOS Update:
The best way to unbrick iPad without restoring is using ReiBoot. It will download the latest iOS firmware package and install it to your iPad. After system repair, your iPad is installed with the latest iPadOS and the brick has been resolved. More importatntly, all data are kept intact.
10. Favorites in the Files App Randomly Disappearing on iPad
This problem have been reported as well. The folders that you've marked as Favorite in the Files app on your iPad are not showing as Favorite any more.
1. if your files are stored in DropBox, please open the Files app and tap Locations > Edit and turn DropBox off. And then restart your iPad. After restart, turn DropBox back on in the Files app and check whether the proble is resolved.
Repair iPad system to fix Files app favorite disappearing problem.
- Common Files App Problems and How to Fix Them
11: iPadOS 15 Slow – How Can I Speed Up My Old iPad
Recently, lots of users complained about iPad slow after updating iPadOS 15/14/13. Some apps on iPad don’t start at once, and it need to load it 10 or more seconds. The problem largely appears in old iPad, but many users, with the newest iPad Pro, Air, are also tormented by iPad running slow. Normally, iPad runs slow due to a lot of factors like an app running too much cache or slow internet connection and more. So, follow the below to fix iPadOS 15 slow.
1. Try to Quit Using iPad
2. Speed up iPad by Restart
3. Check Wi-Fi Router and iPad’s Wi-Fi Connection
4. Switch off Background App Refresh
It’s highly recommend to use Tenorshare ReiBoot to resolve iPad slow. Check the above steps at the beginning of this essay.
- How to Fix iPad Slow Issue
12: iPadOS 15 Uable to Verify Update
"Every time I try to install iPadOS 15 I get an error message saying iPadOS 15 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the internet." Recently, lots of users complained about iPadOS 15 uable to verify update. It may be harassing because of this slow process and hanging the system. Don’t be afraid this is not critical situations for you and your iPhone. Here we get some easy and quick fixes for you
1. Free Up iPad Storage
2. Updating your device using another network
3. Reset network settings.
4. Update your iPad using Finder/iTunes
5. Delete the update file from your device.
If the above simple tips do not help or you still stuck on Verifying Update, you can use Tenorshare ReiBoot to repair iOS. After the repair, you iPad will be automatically updated to the latest iPadOS.
13: iPadOS 15 Weather Widget Showing Wrong location
After updated to IPad os 15.1 my pad start showing wrong location weather data.. trying to change location settings through settings>Privacy>Locations>weather>while using app but still location showing Indian Ocean instead of my local data. Help"
-- From Apple Community
1. Allow the weather app to always access your location
2. Connect your iPad Wi-Fi to your iPhone via iPhone Personal Hotspot.
3. Reset network settings.
4. Reset the location and privacy
5. Uninstall weather app and reinstall again
You need to remember that, even if it is the iPadOS 15, it is supposed to be filled with problems and you need to be ready to face them. But looking for individual solutions for each iPadOS Update problems will be very difficult and not convenient. So, using a solution like Tenorshare ReiBoot will be very useful for you as it is an All-in-one solution for all iOS related issues.
Tenorshare ReiBoot - Best iOS System Recovery Software
Fix iPhone Stuck and Update Issues without Data Loss
- Downgrade iOS 17 beta to iOS 16;
- Fix iPhone won't restore in recovery mode, my iPhone is stuck on the Apple Logo,iPhone black screen of death, iOS downgrade stuck, iPhone update stuck, etc.
- Support all iPhone models and the latest iOS 17 beta and earlier.
While iOS 15 has brought a range of new features, it has also introduced various issues that users may encounter — everything from rapid battery drainage to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity problems.What are the issues with iOS update 15? ›
We're currently seeing complaints about abnormal battery drain, UI lag, AirPlay issues, Touch ID issues, issues with first and third-party apps, iMessage issues, Wi-Fi problems, various issues with Siri, issues with Location Services, Bluetooth problems, CarPlay issues, lockups, freezes, and crashes.Why my iPad is not updating to iOS 15? ›
Try updating your device again using the same network. If you still see one of these messages, try updating your device using another network or update your device with your computer: Update your device using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later. Update your device using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or a Windows ...How do I fix iOS update glitch? ›
- Check network status.
- Wait for a few hours to retry.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.
- Update iPhone via iTunes.
- Free storage space in your iPhone.
- Manually update using IPSW Firmware.
iOS 15.0.1 includes bug fixes for your iPhone including an issue where some users could not unlock iPhone 13 models with Apple Watch.How to downgrade iOS 16 to 15? ›
- On the site, go to the iPhone section and select your iPhone model. ...
- Now, open iTunes on the computer and hold the “Shift” key on the keyboard. ...
- Open the file and you will see “iTunes will erase and restore iPhone to iOS 15.7 and will verify the restore with Apple” on the screen.
You should stay using iOS 15 if: Restrictions on your device from a third-party prevent you from updating. You are concerned about an app or accessory not yet being supported in iOS 16. You are concerned about bugs and prefer to remain using an older OS that has had over a year of bug fixes.Why is my iPad struggling to update? ›
You may be unable to update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly – or over the air – for one of these reasons: Your device doesn't support the latest software. There isn't enough available storage space on your device. The update is taking a long time to download.How do I force my iPad to update? ›
Update iPad manually
Go to Settings > General > Software Update. The screen shows the currently installed version of iPadOS and whether an update is available.
You can repurpose an old iPad if it's still able to run older apps. You may not be able to update it anymore, but you can usually still use it for a few more years. Some ideas include: Downloading your music library onto your iPad and hooking it up to a Bluetooth speaker to make it a designated music player.
While some people might choose to wait until the release of iOS 17 -- which might land a few days after Apple's event -- you should really update your iPhone now. The update patches two security vulnerabilities that might be actively exploited, including a zero-day exploit.Should I download iOS 15.6 1? ›
iOS 15.6.1 security fixes
“Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited,” said the official statement on its support page. The iOS 15.6. 1 upgrade “provides important security updates and is recommended for all users,” Apple stated.
Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage. Find the update in the list of apps. Tap the update, then tap Delete Update.Is iOS 15 still safe? ›
If you're still using an iPhone 7 today, for example, your device cannot run iOS 16—but you're still getting security updates pushed to your device for iOS 15. Unless you read The Mac Security Blog, you're probably blissfully aware that iOS 15 isn't fully patched, which means it's much less safe to use than iOS 16.Why is iOS 15 crashing my phone? ›
It's possible that the old applications are not compatible with new iOS 15/16 system and to blame for apps keep crashing on iPhone. Check for each updates on App store or delete it when necessary. Reboot your device to see if it helps. Go to Settings "Reset" Reset All Setting.